Carolina Panthers Retrospective

jayj6
Your words are my weapon.
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

So many words to say so little.  lol.  Seriously those are just your opinions not facts. You are entitled to them but do not state them as fact. Gamble covered just fine last year and Pep cared enough last year and did plenty too.  Both have been less than impressive to me also IMO, but that is all it is is my opinion.  Fox is a good to great coach a SB will solidify his resume and I think he can do it (again IMO)

Administrator has disabled public posting
talbot
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

PanthersClawzRComin2Town wrote:

Danger wrote:

It is the preseason and we haven't even seen our entire starting D, yet.  So it might be painful to watch now, but (hopefully) it'll get better when Davis and Beason get back.
I agree that having them in the game makes our D better and a bigger threat, but how is having Beason and Davis come back gonna make Gamble able to actually cover a receiver? How is it gonna make the secondary wrap up when they tackle? How is it gonna make Peppers actually give a shit and do something? How are Davis and Beason alone gonna compensate for the mediocre secondary and the lack luster pass rush? Because we know that Fox hardly ever blitzes, so how will they alone make the front 4 play harder and better?
Just so you know clawz we blitz the hell out of the Ravens but we couldn't get to Flaco in time.  Just because we are not getting 100s of sacks don't mean we don't blitz.


Administrator has disabled public posting
Danger
trust me, i'm a doctor n stuff
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

PanthersClawzRComin2Town wrote:

Danger wrote:

It is the preseason and we haven't even seen our entire starting D, yet.  So it might be painful to watch now, but (hopefully) it'll get better when Davis and Beason get back.
I agree that having them in the game makes our D better and a bigger threat, but how is having Beason and Davis come back gonna make Gamble able to actually cover a receiver? How is it gonna make the secondary wrap up when they tackle? How is it gonna make Peppers actually give a shit and do something? How are Davis and Beason alone gonna compensate for the mediocre secondary and the lack luster pass rush? Because we know that Fox hardly ever blitzes, so how will they alone make the front 4 play harder and better?
So far, we have one PREseason game where Gamble played bad and you're writing him off?

I mean, this past game IS the definitive be-all-end-all for this team.  Gamble played bad so he will only play poorly from here on out.

We did not get pressure on the QB (in reality, we did) so we won't all season long.

Davis and Beason did not play, so they won't make our defense any better when they do play.

We haven't tackled anybody ever, and that trend will continue.


"This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war."

Administrator has disabled public posting
PanthersClawzRComin2Town
Cowher to Carolina 2011
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

Danger wrote:

So far, we have one PREseason game where Gamble played bad and you're writing him off?

I mean, this past game IS the definitive be-all-end-all for this team.  Gamble played bad so he will only play poorly from here on out.

We did not get pressure on the QB (in reality, we did) so we won't all season long.

Davis and Beason did not play, so they won't make our defense any better when they do play.

We haven't tackled anybody ever, and that trend will continue.
Your taking my comments and blowing them way outta proportion. All I'm saying is don't expect the Defense to all of a sudden be excellent because were getting two players back. Albeit they are 2 of our best defensive players, but with the way the D or atleast some of the players on the D are playing, just the 2 of them alone won't be the magical cure that makes our D great.

Administrator has disabled public posting
PanthersClawzRComin2Town
Cowher to Carolina 2011
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

talbot wrote:

Just so you know clawz we blitz the hell out of the Ravens but we couldn't get to Flaco in time.  Just because we are not getting 100s of sacks don't mean we don't blitz.
let me rephrase that statement...Fox hardly ever blitzes effectively. Hows that? Better?

Administrator has disabled public posting
PanthersClawzRComin2Town
Cowher to Carolina 2011
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

jayj6 wrote:

those are just your opinions not facts. You are entitled to them but do not state them as fact.
I didn't realize I said those were facts, oh wait, I didnt.

Administrator has disabled public posting
mr bojangles
useravatar
User Info

Re: It is the freaking preseason!!!

okay, okay, point taken.  for the most part, i admit, it is not the record, but play on the field that has everybody so worried....it's still the freaking preseason!!!  some say they want to see heart and passion.  i say i want guys not to get hurt.  its splitting hairs because nothing matters until sept 13th.  and i am very offended at being called a dork.  i am a geek and there is a huge difference :)  us geeks turn our nose up at dorks.  if i was a mod, i'd probably suspend you for like a month:)

unrelated note- i wasn't suprised to see robinson cut, but hate it for him.


Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:   Total Users: 816  Total Topics: 2266  Total Polls: 26  Total Posts: 23498  Dormant
User Info:   Newest User :  Imarckr2   Members Online: 0   Guests Online: 28
Online  There are no members online
Topic
New
Locked
Topic
New
Locked
Sticky
Active
New/Active
Sticky
Active
New/Active
New/Closed
New Sticky
Closed/Active
New/Locked
New Sticky
Locked/Active
Active/Sticky
Sticky/Locked
Sticky Active Locked
Active/Sticky
Sticky/Locked
Sticky/Active/Locked