First off, it seems all it takes to get Carolina growl busy is to have Delhomme play a bad game and since then the boards have been overflowing with post.
Second off, I am not blinded because of my loyalty. I just believe it is too early to give up and am looking forward to a great bounce back game this weekend against the Falcons. But if this trend continues then soon I will be looking forward to the off-season and draft.
Now to my point, I think this game will end up being a positive, now let me explain why I think this.
1. Everyone on Carolina is taking responsibility for the lose. Peppers saying the defense played like shit, Gross saying the O-line played like shit and Delhomme admitted he messed up. Instead of pointing fingers they are all looking in the mirror and this will make them work harder and have them better prepared for the rest of the season.
2. In my opinion, the guys were overconfident during the preseason. We played bad but players, coaches and fans made excuses due to injuries and the meaning of the game. But this blow-out early in the year, shows the players and coaching staff that this league isn't easy and last year means nothing.
3. Fox and davidson might expand the passing plays. Cardinals after the game said they basically knew what plays were getting called so they were always in the right place. So maybe we will run different things so that people won't know our plays.
4. An early blow-out to a good team that has great veteran leadership can help bring the team together. 2003 patriots and 2007 NY Giants are two examples of recent teams that I remember without research. Both teams started out horrible with plenty of questions and went on to win the Super Bowl. I am not saying we are going to win a Super Bowl but I believe we can have a lot of success because of the talent we have.
5. This game gets us out of the spotlight, we are now the underdogs again. People were saying Saints and Falcons before the game and now since then I believe everyone is saying those two teams.
6. I think fox right now sees the light at the end of the tunnel and no he is not dying but his career as a head coach could be soon. The writing is on the wall, he needs to win with the talent he has and he knows it. Maybe we will see a less conservative game plan, and if I knew my job was in jeopardy I would worker that much harder. So maybe our game plans and scouting of other teams might be that much better than we are expected to.
Everyone we need to remember we are only 0-1, and there are 16 other teams tied with us. The next two weeks are big games for us, if we can go out and collect two wins before our bye week then everyone will forget the game against the Eagles. Everyone is packing in the season too quickly, we have to remember the players on our roster finished 12-4 last year and were considered a threat to win the Super Bowl.
We need to get ready and excited for the Falcons this week since divisional games are huge. after calming down after the lose, I was watching Playbook the final word on NFL Network and I was actually confident about our game this week.
Lets go panthers.....